[Spridgets] Can anyone identify my steering wheel?

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:42:27 MDT 2009

FROG AYE has an aftermarket steering wheel that I believe to be "period
correct".  It is wood rimmed, with three slotted aluminum spokes.  It has
the name Coventry in script on one of the spokes.  The hub appears to be
aluminum (annodized black) and accepts the standard sprite horn push..  The
hub sits proud of the spokes and there is sufficient dish that the rim is
even with the horn push.  Still it looks like it would hurt real bad if the
driver had an impact with the wheel.  Construction does not appear to be of
top quality but it looks decent.
Anybody know anything about these?
Hal