[Spridgets] Fuel Line or Electrical

James Gruber thistle_3619 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 08:53:41 MDT 2009

Thanks everyone for the response to my querry re. Bugsy stalling out and dying
on me. After reading all of the opinions here's my plan of attack.

1) Recheck fuel pump electrical connections. I redid them 8-9 years ago and
they appear to be crimped connections. I will pull apart, solder correctly,
use heat shrink and make sure fuel pump is getting proper power source.

2) I have pulled the tops off of the carbs and bowls were clean, not a bit of
crud in there and I have seen some occasional stuff in there but seldom

3) Put old filters back on and see if problem goes away.

4) Check dashpots and piston action. All seemed to be moving freely when I
checked and looked at it last week.

5) I did fill dashpots up last week as they looked a little bit low with 3 in
1 oil. I've used in the past and have not seen any issues with it in the
past.

6) A dose of carb cleaner probably won't hurt to spray in there.

7) low to mid 80's today in Dayton. I need ot get out and drive.

Thanks again.