[Spridgets] Miss fixed.

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Sat Apr 25 13:37:16 MDT 2009

Hello Spridgets,

         Since long before LotO, I have considered my
         car to be cold blooded. It missed a little at
          low rpms when cold. After it warmed up the problem
           would usually go away except for a stumble now and
           then in 4th or 5th gear below 1800 rpms. At LotO,
           Glen B. was kind enough to tweak the carbs. Minor
            improvement, no cure.

 By the end of last summer it started doing
  when below 2500 rpms. A couple of weeks ago the
   engine was all warmed up and it was STILL doing it
    at almost anything under 4k rpms... ... I checked the
    timing; off by a few degrees, no help tho. I
    reset the valves. It sounded smoother but still missed. I
    t always idled fine but under load the miss was there
     and getting worse. New dizzy cap and rotor... hmmmmmm better.
      A trip to Portland to see Paul A. and it ran just fine. hmmmm we
      listened and checked but when i pulled out to go home the problem
       was back below 2.5k rpm..... Well! A couple of days went by the my
        new dizzy cap from ADVANCED DISTRIBUTORS with the BRASS contacts i
        nstead of aluminum one came along with Jeff's premium rotors
        . Swapped those in, and took a drive.... YIPPEEEEEEE! ... the
        only time the car misses now is when it Roo00OOAAARS...

        But it was probably that the #2 plug wire kept wanting to
         fall out of the dizzy(s). I made sure to get it pushed
         in all the way when i installed the new one(s). ..

Yeah, the problems are usually simple fixes, its just
what we have to go thru to finally FIND the problem.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

  "If the shoe fits, buy it." Imelda Marcos