[Spridgets] Fuel Line or Electrical

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Mon Apr 27 20:27:35 MDT 2009

Had a buddy with a B that had a similar issue. Filled it up, ran
great. Then would die with a half tank. Ended up being a hole in the
pick up tube in the tank. Quit getting gas and just passed air after
about a half tank.

Larry

On Apr 24, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Lester wrote:

> Not fuel pump connections, fuel pump output!
>
> Mine made wonderful noises but didn't pump any fuel, only that which
> gravity fed to the carbs kept it going..
>
> Simple test, fill tank to completely full, see if problem goes away
> until half full or going UP a long hill..
>
> Lester
>
> On Apr 24, 2009, at 9:53 AM, James Gruber wrote:
>
>> Thanks everyone for the response to my querry re. Bugsy stalling
>> out and dying
>> on me. After reading all of the opinions here's my plan of attack.
>>
>> 1) Recheck fuel pump electrical connections. I redid them 8-9 years
>> ago and
>> they appear to be crimped connections. I will pull apart, solder
>> correctly,
>> use heat shrink and make sure fuel pump is getting proper power
>> source.
>>
>> 2) I have pulled the tops off of the carbs and bowls were clean,
>> not a bit of
>> crud in there and I have seen some occasional stuff in there but
>> seldom
>>
>> 3) Put old filters back on and see if problem goes away.
>>
>> 4) Check dashpots and piston action. All seemed to be moving freely
>> when I
>> checked and looked at it last week.
>>
>> 5) I did fill dashpots up last week as they looked a little bit low
>> with 3 in
>> 1 oil. I've used in the past and have not seen any issues with it
>> in the
>> past.
>>
>> 6) A dose of carb cleaner probably won't hurt to spray in there.
>>
>> 7) low to mid 80's today in Dayton. I need ot get out and drive.
>>
>> Thanks again.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in
sideways, Margaritas in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!".