[Spridgets] Beautiful '59 Bug Eye on eBay. . But 1275 Engine?

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Apr 30 19:01:33 MDT 2009

Duncan Sinclair wrote:
> Not Quite Jim
> I have an original 67 with the early 1275 with downflow radiator and temp
> sender in the rad.

Yes, 67s still had the down flow and a 1275.
And they also had a spot for the sensor in the head because that's where
I put it instead of in the rad.
Even the Holy Sprite with a 1098 has the probe in the head and a plug in
the down flow rad.
I have cooked an engine or 2 when the probe was in the radiator, the
head cooked but the rad was still cool.
In fact, I froze a radiator back when I was 17. The Sprite seized up but
the radiator was cool (frozen) and the temp gauge read 90 but the engine
overheated so bad I popped out a wrist pin and scored the cylinder wall
beyond repair.
That was my first Sprite, PIECES was cooked by my son when the copper
head gasket blew but the radiator probe said all was fine.
We saved that engine and ever since put the probe in the head where it
is needed most.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ