[Spridgets] 1500 Tuning Questions

Lee Fox lee.fox at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 12 09:03:27 MDT 2009

Rich,

Use 10^BTDC for timing. If the vacuum hose connection on the distributor
diaphragm faces the distributor body, just cap it off. Not needed.

The miss at speed does sound like a lean condition. I dumped my ZS carb
years ago, so my memory is fuzzy, but I don't think you want to change
the float level. Try adjusting the needle through the top of the
dashpot. Also make sure that all gaskets everywhere are in good
condition. Is the air injection properly plugged? This setup is
sensitive to vacuum leaks.

Lee