[Spridgets] Les Paul dies at 94

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 00:30:11 MDT 2009

A friend is a professional fund raiser who tried to get Waukesha to start a
Les Paul museum year ago. Local government was too dense to see the value of
it. Ah, well....
I suppose every town has the same myopia.  Last week I was in Okemha, OK,
the birthplace and childhood home of Woody Guthrie. Amazingly, they let his
childhood home fall apart to where there is nothing but a foundation left.
The local museum has about 30 feet of display that could have been done by a
kindergarten class and the city seems to not realize what a tourism treasure
they have. Myopia....   Dumb!

Cheers!!
Jim

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM, <dwoerpel at wi.net> wrote:

> I grew up in Waukesha and we're very proud of our native son!  Quite a
> remarkable man.  He made a difference (British understatement that).
>
> Dave W.
>

> > figures...I'm just outside of Waukesha and hear it first on here.
> >
> > Chris

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein