[Spridgets] Classic Motorsports Midget Project

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 14:30:53 MDT 2009

Looks like they shopped for the most expensive parts available.
Like $50 to R&R a ring gear, I did this last night.
30 seconds to get it off, and 3 seconds to put it on after 30 minutes in
the oven.
And they paid 7 times what I paid for a ring gear.
I had the flywheel lightened for $40, they paid 3.5 times that.
And a $13 manifold gasket, they are two bucks.
$98 for a spin on oil filter kit? That is the most I have ever seen it
go for.
I can put a decent A series engine together with all machine work and
new parts for about a thousand bucks give or take.
So is their engine TEN TIMES better than mine? I doubt it.
Maybe this is why I canceled my subscription a few years ago.
No useful information.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ