[Spridgets] Aviation piston engine question - No LBC

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 15:14:36 MDT 2009

Many years ago at RAF Brize Norton a vintage (WW2 era I guess) US piston
engine flew on.  Engine note sounded like a vee-8 dragster at idle.  I
mentioned this to a guy in the office this week who is a bit of an aviation buff
and he said it must be a radial because there were no US twin or 4 engined
WW2  era aircraft with a vee8 engine.  Who's wrong - him or my ears?

Weslake-Monza 1330

Lots of aerial engine stuff on youtube.