[Spridgets] Classic Motorsports Midget Project

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 15:37:23 MDT 2009

I know this thread has died BUT I wanted to have another look at this #11K
motor.

Well, it's not really an 11K motor at all.  It's an 8k motor  including a
cylinder head + dyno time, carbs, clutch and flywheel, etc,  etc.  So for
anyone comparing a race build motor you have to consider like  for like.  Do
the race build motor prices quoted even include a new  cylinder head and
rockers let alone include carbs, dyno time, clutch and  flywheel, starter
motor,
etc?

The one thing that doesn't make a lot of sense is a clutch disc with a
solid hub - does this mean it has no damper springs?  No need for that kind
of
clutch on a road car.

Also I'd have thought a decent thermal barrier coating on the inlet
manifold would have been money really well spent but it's omitted.

Still US$ 8K including a new head and roller rocker gear - thats not an
unreal price.

Weslake-Monza 1330