[Spridgets] Suspension

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Fri Dec 4 13:45:00 MST 2009

Agreed. ...bill in oregon

-----Original Message-----
From: spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bud Osbourne
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 10:21 AM
To: Norbert Sliwinski; spridgets at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Suspension

For touring with our local MG and Triumph clubs?  Jeez, Norbert, Frank's
Honda 50 would easily put-pace those guys!
Seriously, though; the only thing 99% of those suspension
"alterations/improvements" are going to improve is their seller's bottom
line.  For something you are going to drive on public roads, even at a
spirited pace, the stock suspension in "as original" condition (in other
words, rebuilt & properly aligned) will do very nicely.  About the only
thing you might want to ad would be some trailing links to help locate the
rear axle.  A Panhard rod or Watts linkage could also be added without too
much difficulty.  In front, you could go with a heavier anti-roll bar and
maybe use "poly" bushings instead of the original type rubber ones.  The
Delrin or Teflon bushings are too stiff for the street and don't provide any

"give" to adsorb harsh jolts from our local PA DOT maintained roads.
Now, if you are going to do some serious auto crossing or run "track days"
at BeaveRun, there are all sorts of trick pieces you can ad.......but you
won't want to drive it on the roads anymore.
Bud Osbourne