[Spridgets] Brake Enigma

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 18:33:44 MST 2009

59 Bugeye with front disks.

3/4 inch original master cyl that came with the parts for converting to disk
brakes.

System *completely bled*. . including slave cyl.

Now, no leaks. .

New cap on master cyl. with cork gasket.

I still have to pump up the brakes to get pressure to stop -  brake pedal
will not hold on a hill.  Clutch works fine.

I have exhausted everything I can think of.

When I push the rod into the master cyl I notice the fluid pushing hard to
the bottom of the cap. (Translucent white cap).  This might point to a block
in the system?  However, my Gunson bleeder seems to push good pressure
through the system when I bleed the brakes.

Master Cyl had a rebuild kit installed about two years ago.  And again, the
clutch is holding pressure.

If there was a leak in my master cyl brake bore - I would also see fluid
coming out of the front of the cylinder (like with my slave cyl when it was
leaking)?

*Any help at all is very much appreciated. .  *

Thanks!

Kirk Hargreaves