[Spridgets] ebay Shill was Holy SMOKES !!!

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 21:15:18 MST 2009

I don't understand why everyone is appalled by ebay bid "sniping".  I
do it sometimes because it seems to be a good tactic but if I can't be
online at the time the auction ends I just decide what I want to pay
for the item and bid that much.  I try not to get caught up in the
idea of "winning" the bid or outbidding the competition.  It isn't a
competition, it is a guy selling something and people wanting to buy
it.  The other day I got a $300 modular helmet for $40 shipped.  I bid
$55 with one day to go and let it ride.

Shilling has been around forever, too, even at live auctions.  Get
your brother-in-law or neighbor to bid.  Most live auctions I've seen
allow the owner of the item to bid on it.  The owner has to pay the
auction house their percentage if he is the high bidder but he doesn't
have to sell the item.