[Spridgets] Vega Wheels

Bob Spruck mgmaven at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 6 16:38:16 MST 2009

I have five Vega steel wheels I would be willing to part with. They are the
standard steel wheel, not the GT "Rostyle-like" ones. They are 6" wide and
rather heavy. But they do look good on a Spridget!

I bought them to use with rain tires for my ' 67 Midget vintage race car
but ran into a few problems that would not be an issue for a street or
autocross car. They are too wide for vintage rules. They could be tricky
setting up on a square fendered car. The center hole, being hub-centric, is
too small for the Midget hubs and would need either some machine work or a
thin spacer. The holes for the studs are 1/2" and even with my 7/16" studs,
I didn't like the fit, especially with the center hole not mating to the
hub well. I don't think these would be problems on the auto cross circuit
or on the street, but I didn't want to take a chance at high speeds on the
track.

One of the wheels is bent at one stud hole, otherwise all they need is a
cleaning up or sandblasting and some paint.

If anyone is interested, email me off list and I will send digital photos
and other specs. They are in Sharpsburg, GA, outside Atlanta.

Bob Spruck