[Spridgets] Carb dashpot oil.

Kevin Valentine kevinv1275 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 19:10:12 MST 2009

On Feb 8, 2009, at 7:49 PM, Leo wrote:
>   When starting the motor
> almost seems like it is only running on two cylinders and after a
> minute or
> so the "other" other cylinders kick in.  After it is running for a
> couple of
> minutes it runs great most of the time.  A few times it starts
> missing like
> it does on initial startup.  Ideas and does the carb sound like the
> problem?

Leo,

Sounds like a sticky carb float or needle.

I had the same symptoms with my 71.  (Recently rebuilt carbs).   The
problem was intermittent.  I cleaned up the floats and needles and it
ran fine for a while.  The problem returned after a short while and I
discovered that the fuel line was degrading from the inside, (it was
new NAPA fuel line).  I found a lot of black goo in the float bowls.

Kevin V.
Tuscarora, Pa