[Spridgets] FYI Northern California Listers

David Riker davriker at nwi.net
Tue Feb 10 19:11:10 MST 2009

I know several of you have ventured to Chico, CA over the years for their
All British Car Meet, that has been held pretty much without fail for the
last 20 years.  For the most part, the survival of the British Car scene in
Chico and that meet pretty well owe it's existence to Tony Rodriguez, the
long time owner of Economy Foriegn Car Parts, in Chico.  This past month,
Tony, who is only about 50 years old, was diagnosed with stage four
cancerous brain tumors.  The prognosis is not good, and at this time, I'm
told Tony is physically doing ok, but is forgetfull and easily confused.
Being self-employed, Tony has very limited health care insurance.  He has a
wife, and two sons, 17 and 21.  I've witnessed the outpouring of good will
from this list for strangers before,  and am hoping I can rally some help,
however small for Tony.  I know that without his influence and help over the
years, I probably would  not have found or hung on to my love of LBC's.  Can
someone who has done this before advise me on how to set up a fund on his
behalf?  I've heard much complaints about PayPal, so I'm unsure if that is
the route to go.  Also, if you need to order any british car parts,  his
lone employee, Mike, is trying to keep the store open, as that is the family
source of income.  They source parts from all the usual places and then
some.  The business phone is 530-342-1821.  Mike can ship anywhere.

I'm sorry this is so jumbled up, but my thoughts are spinning a mile a
minute.  Tony has been a good friend.  I've lost friends and relatives
before, but never known ahead of time that it is coming.  I'm two states
away now and may not get to see him again.

David Riker