[Spridgets] WAY OT - Could this be a scam? The plot thickens....

Heard heard at datatrontech.net
Wed Feb 11 07:34:46 MST 2009

Well, I got another one of these inquiries about an item I had listed on
Craig's List.  Again, he wanted to know if it was still available. I said it
was and this is what his reply was:

Hello,
    Thanks for the prompt response. I am satisfied with the information
provided about it at the craigslist. I will love to make an instant
purchase, so please do withdraw the advert from Craigslist, I don't mind
adding an extra $50 dolls for you to do that so that i can be rest assured
that the item is in hand. I will also like you to know that I will be paying
via check due to the distance and it will be over night payment. My
secretary in the state will issue the check for the payment. I am presently
on a business trip and will be back soon. You don't need to bother your self
with the shipment. Ok? My Mover will handle that .So I will need you to
provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the
check. Name, Address and Phone number

Have a nice day.
Donald.

So this is what I sent to him:

Hey Donald,

I live at 357 Magnum Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.  It is just around the corner
from Kickyourass Avenue.  Please send the check there and have it made out
to:

Wooja Likeakick

Thanks.

To which he replied:

Hello
     Thanks for the details sent to me , I will forward your details over to
my secretary  and she will be sending you the check soon once drawn from the
bank. Once I have an update from her that the check has been mailed, I will
email you for you to watch over it to arrive your location. Thanks once
again I will get back to you. I'll have my Mover contacts you soon so you
can work out the details.
Regards,
Donald

This morning, I got this:

Hello,
   Good morning!! I want you to understand that secretary had posted the
payment already, but there was a slight error I guess we can handle it with
care, instead of the actual amount $400 for the item, she made a check for
$3,500.50 out to you instead to the mover.
     So once you have the check please have it cashed and deduct the cost of
the bought item plus $50 that for your run around expenses. The excess fund
should please be sent to my mover via Western Union Money transfer.
**Please email at once to let me know that i can trust to have the excess
funds sent to my mover**
Best Regards,
Donald.

What to do....what to do.....