[Spridgets] Harbor Fright and Northern Fool trailers

Bill Masquelier billmasq at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 16:41:09 MST 2009

Actually I have hauled Spridgets several times on the common,bottom of the
line 8 foot HF folding trailer (as well as a Cessna 150). Some of the trips
were pretty long (Seattle-San Diego and back).
Two things that I did to the trailer were: 1/ bolted a sheet of 5/8 plywood
solidly to the deck (tremendously increased the rigidity) and 2/ replaced the
wimpy tongue with a piece of 2" galvanized waterpipe (I NEVER trusted the
original tongue).
I also had to remove the fenders whenever I put a Spridget on (for clearance),
but that thing is NOT squirrely on the freeway (behind a Dodge Caravan) and
runs great.
One big thing that I found is that those little 8" tires MUST be aired up to
55 or 60 PSI or they WILL blow out!!! Been there/done that!!

It works if you use some common sense.
Bill