[Spridgets] Relays

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 11:21:14 MST 2009

I am in the "dark" about this - relays, why are they effective?

My ignition dash switch went out on me about a year ago.  In the wait time
to get a new switch, lock, keys, etc I wired my lights up to a simple off /
on switch on my dash.

My ignition switch is wired under the dash to a place that would not be
obvious.  I reach under the dash to turn the car on before I pull the
starter (which is wired to an off / on switch behind the dash).

Did I need a relay to do this?  The car has been running fine like this for
a good while now.

Are relays used when you want two things to turn on together?  Ok, stupid
question. . . but I am curious regarding the application or the reason for
relays?

Kirk
59 BE