[Spridgets] Midget headlight switch

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sat Feb 14 19:51:29 MST 2009

>> Did those guys at Classic Motorsports ever finish the Midget
>> resto?  I gave up on them and quit buying the magazine years
>> ago
>
> Yes, several years ago - it has been at Road America at their tent several
> times. I unsubscribed when I realized that each issue prominently featured
> 2 of my least favorite writers. I like Hemmings Classic and Exotics
> better.

I agree with Ron. The first issue of Classic Motorsports had a killer
article announcing the Modern Midget project and getting it started. As
usual, they soon lost sight of their goal as well as losing much of their
motivation (those guys can't get excited about beating a Miata). I bought
the 10-year subscription and I think it will take that long before they get
around to writing about the Midget engine work.

Be warned, if you try to submit any constructive criticism to them, they
immediately start to whine and wonder how anyone can fail to love them when
they put SO much work into it. Oh well, one of these days I will get around
to cancelling my subscription. Now if only Hemmings Sports & Exotics would
come out twice a month...
David Lieb