[Spridgets] Relays

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Sun Feb 15 23:12:43 MST 2009

Hello,

     Just to keep everyone on track...

     Doubling the voltage makes 4 times the power.

     and increase from 10.5 volts to 13.5 volts is more like a 60%
     power gain. .. its a square law thing..

     So if you loose half your voltage to voltage drop, you only get
     25% of the rated power output at the load..

     just for reference, 14 gauge wire has about 1 ohm of resistance
     for every 1000 feet. Of course voltage drop is more dependent on
     current flow since there's a square law thing in effect for that
     as well.

     again, roughly, every time you go up three wire sizes, you half
     the resistance of your feeders.

     Going from #14 to #10 isn't quite that half, but running #8 in
     Sprite would be REAL overkill,....... not that we don't have some
     fanatics here...and it seems to me that the lights are on #12
     from the factory anyway....

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

      * "The sun is rising," Tom mourned.