[Spridgets] Relays

Dave G. kk7ss at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 09:16:01 MST 2009

Bill,

Just to confuse the issue... (Devil's Advocate sort of thing!)

If you are just looking at Voltage and Current..
Ohms law states  Power = Volts x Amps...
Doubling the voltage  doubles the power...

If you are looking at Voltage and the  Resistance of the wiring
Ohms'Law states Power = Volts x Volts x Ohms (Resistance).
Doubling the voltage quadruples the power..

A 60W 12V auto headlight is about 3 Ohms when hot..

So you are *both* right, you just didn't statye you frame of
reference!!

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

If I wake up in the morning, and I hurt, it means that I'm still
alive !!