[Spridgets] Brake Master Cylinder

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:52:59 MST 2009

Its for retaining a bit of residual pressure so the brake shoe return
springs don't fully retract the shoes causing you to have to pump up to get
brake action each time.  Its also helps for solo bleeding.  HOWEVER!!! It
has less function in a disc brake car and will cause the front discs to
constantly rub a bit too much and wear out the pads pretty fast.  Disc brake
conversions require you to punch a small hole in the rubber cup to mitigate
the effect.

Glen