[Spridgets] [Healeys] FW: Amazing technology

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 16:45:09 MST 2009

Rapid prototyping is neat, but I do not see much use of it in making parts for
old cars.  It's more geared towards modern product design.

You are much better off with a small cnc machine.

The software is free www.linuxcnc.org

You can also DIY the laser scanner http://www.david-laserscanner.com/
I have fiddled with this scanning method, but I have not yet machined a part from
it's results.

You can build a decent stepper motor driven CNC machine for under $1000.
If you can spend a little more you can get a pretty good system from this outfit:
http://www.pdjinc.com/