[Spridgets] A day at the auto show

David Riker davriker at nwi.net
Sun Feb 22 00:05:52 MST 2009

The following 2009 model cars are available with manual windows:

Chevrolet Aveo
Chevrolet Cobalt
Chevrolet Colorado Regular and Extended Cab
Chevrolet Silverado W/T and LS series LD pickups
Chevrolet Express Van
Jeep Compass
Jeep Patriot
Jeep Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Dodge Caliber
Ford Focus
Ford Ranger
Ford F150 Work Truck
Ford Econoline Van

Good advice:
1.  Never put a $1000 transmission in a $500 car.  It's still a $500 car.
2. Your old car isn't worth more because it has a new engine.  It was worth
nothing UNTIL you put in a new engine.
3.  Never get in a car that is worth less than you spent on the clothes you
are wearing.  You could ruin your clothes.
4.  What you owe on your car has nothing to do with what your car is worth.
If you owe $10,000 and it is worth $5,000, it's worth $5,000.  If you owe
$2,000 and it's worth $5,000, you wouldn't accept $2,000 for it would you?
5.  If the price seems too good to be true, there probably is a reason.
Once you know the reason, the price is usually just about right.
6.  If you focus on price alone, you will never own an automobile that you
truely love.
7.  It's a whole lot easier to make a $400 payment on a car you love than a
$300 payment on a car you hate.
8.  Don't buy an SUV if your grandkids visit once a year.  Rent a van once a
year.  Then you don't have to clean it up when they go home.
9.  If you only own a small car, you never have to take the soccer team out
to pizza.
10.  (Similar to 8)  Don't buy a pickup if you only need it to go to the
dump once a year.  Borrow the neighbors truck.
11.  If you don't own a truck, the neighbor will never be able to ask to
borrow your truck to go to the dump.
12.  Why buy an RV?  I've never been to a town without a motel and a
restaurant.
13.  Don't try to own one car that does everything but excells at nothing.
It's better to have several cars that each do one thing well.  Me, I have 4
cars.  A sports car, a muscle car, a station wagon, and a sedan.  When I
need a truck, I borrow the neighbors, when people visit, I rent an SUV.

Dave R.