[Spridgets] A day at the swap meet - Rod's Bugeye FS

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 19:45:50 MST 2009

Despite a tire blow-out on the interstate on the way in, it was great to see a bunch of list people as we slowly make our way towards Spring in the Midwest. I hadn't gotten in the door when Tutone threw out the first Python reference (on which I swung and missed). Leib and Chicagoland MG club attracted a good crowd as always. Interestingly, there were a ton of VSCDA guys (literally - at least 200 pounds worth ;-)). Daniels left as I arrived at his booth, naturally.

Also present was the Spridgetech vintage race Bugeye that I almost bought and may still someday. For anyone looking, it's a ground-up restoration of a Bugeye with everything new or period correct. Huffaker 948 with Comptune carbs, Haynes dog engagement gearbox ($4000 alone), all metal, vintage correct everywhere. Much, much more - if anyone is interested contact rod at  spridgetech at ameritech.net . Asking price is $12,500 and it's worth it. NFI, etc.

Ron