[Spridgets] GM, etc

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 13:36:06 MST 2009

What impact has the cost of the Union had on all of this in terms of not
only hourly wages, benefits, but retirement outlay as well?

I am not against Unions, nor for them in all cases.  My question is
neutral.

Kirk
59 BE

PS
I bought a new Chevy truck in 2001.  It is the little Extreme based on GM's
small truck chassis.  KInd of a kids car, but it looked pretty cool.
Factory lowered by two inches. . .  wide tires and a large V6,  4.2 I
believe. Limited slip. . . fun little truck.

I know have 102k miles on it and I have to say that it was built just as
well as any Japanese car I have ever owned.  It has given me very little
trouble.  Some small things like the rear 3rd door latch breaking, which
they took care of under warranty.  I did lose the fuel pump which is a
pricey situation.  But I was also running the tank on low too often which
might have been a factor.  I am very pleased with the quality that went into
this thing.  Most of my miles have also been freeway mileage.