[Spridgets] Huh???

Bill McLeod wbmcleod at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 10:58:53 MST 2009

Well, it may be spring in the desert, but I don't have a Spridget to
drive, so I'll weigh in....

Legistorm.com, which is a government transparency site funded by the
taxpayers for common sense, doesn't list any such earmarks for Speaker
Pelosi.  On the other hand, googling "Nancy Pelosi earmarks" without any
qualifiers, brings up an amazing variety of rants on the subject, but no
list of actual earmarks by number.  I realize that we all have a
tendency to accept what is out there as fact, especially if we are
biased in that direction to start with, but passing on garbage as fact
just doesn't make any sense.  Like the earlier sensible contributor said
(my paraphrase), come on, guys, do yer homework!
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics
Tucson