[Spridgets] Cleaning fuel tank

Lee Fox lee.fox at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 25 18:37:34 MST 2009

Frank,
The outside of the tank has undercoating and my wife wasn't too keen on
BBQ-ing the tank, although I wanted to try.

Bill,
I was very tempted to just put it back, as you suggested, but ended up
putting a gallon of lacquer thinner and some pea gravel in the tank and
sloshing it around for awhile.

Didn't take long and did a great job. Put the new sender in and mounted
the tank and enjoyed the 60 degree day.

Lee

PS: I am getting some smell/leakage from the flexible hose. Do these
thing become porous over time, or do I just need a new clamp?