[Spridgets] A series motor rebuilding books, websites or Magazine articles.

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 04:41:55 MST 2009

List,
I want to understand our little A series motors better so I am going rebuild
a 948 which is apart and in boxes at Franks. Now so I don't drive all of you
and Frank crazy I thought I would start with a good book, articles or
website. I have a VW magazine article that goes step buy step to rebuild an
airhead VW motor which will get me started to understand some of the
mechanics that I am unfamiliar with but what would be the best book to use
for this little A motor? I have Daniel Stapletons book How to Power Tune
Midget & Sprite for Road and Track but it doesnt show how to rebuild an A
series motor. Will the book Tuning the A-Series Engine By David
Vizard<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr
_1?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=David%20Vizard>ha
ve
that info or is there another book, article or web based site I should
use?
Linda "motor-head wana-be"

Books:

http://spritespot.com/books.htm