[Spridgets] What went wrong - GM culture

Lee Fox lee.fox at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 26 06:39:15 MST 2009

Wow, a flash from the past. When I was growing up my Dad worked for an
"easy listening" radio station. Instead of coming home with free demo
copies of the latest from the Stones or the Beatles, we were treated to
the full collection of 101 Strings, plus an assortment of Connie
Francis, et al.

He was also into background music and I used to build speakers and
receivers during the summer. They eventually sold to MUZAK, who just
went into bankruptcy. You know the American Way is in danger when
"elevator music" is in trouble. "Oh, the humanity!"