[Spridgets] Dumb Questions

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 14:41:36 MST 2009

Jim F. wrote:
> Can somebody Help me.
>
> Dumb Question # 1 . Did the 1970 midget have
> an electric fuel pump??

Yes
> Dumb question # 2    Can I use the earlier connecting
> rod on the newer carbs??

If both set ups are 1.25,  If the bugeye had 1-1/8s, the linkages are
different.
> Dumb Question # 3. Is there anything special about the water outlet on the
> 1275? I am planning on using the Original downflow radiator. Is the 948 water
> outlet interchangable with the 1275?

Same hose but if you have the flat 948 t/stat cover, do watch which
thermostat you buy, some will interfere with the flat cover.

Other question, yes the aluminum base plates are available from VB and
maybe others.
Many times, if the threads are OK, you can sand  out the pits on the
base of the plate with a belt sander.
Or a block of wood with sandpaper on it and lots of elbow grease.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ