[Spridgets] House insulation and some gratuitous LBC content

GUY DAY grday at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 27 12:38:13 MST 2009

It is not necessarily the  >amount<  of insulation but  >where<  it is
placed that will kill a house.
As you say, you MUST allow for ventilation to avoid condensation.  A common
error is to block up all of the ventilation holes then condensation will rot
the house just as you said.  I'll bet the guy across the street with the
plaster problem also has rot in the timber ends inside his attic but he may
not have found that yet!
You can waste your time and money by having too much insulation but you'll
waste it to a far bigger degree if you block up the correct ventilation for
your house construction type.

Guy R Day