[Spridgets] NLBC, but LJK

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sun Jan 25 18:35:25 MST 2009

Willy Thompson and I joined the Chicago MINI Motoring Club today at Chicago
Indoor Racing
http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/
We had the whole track (most events run on one half or the other) for a
45-minute enduro. 17 teams of 2 randomly assigned people each. Doesn't sound
like much, but I am going to be hurting tomorrow! There isn't much time
between one turn and the next. My teammate does the Joliet Autobahn track on
his motorcycle and he assures me that this is a lot more work. I think I
believe him. We opted to do it with a single driver change halfway through
rather than the more usual . Fun though... I have been to the CIR a few
times before, but this was the first (and probably only) time I have done 23
minutes at a time. Sure sounds pathetic, don't it?
David Lieb