[Spridgets] Bugeye bonnet supports

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Fri Jan 30 11:08:49 MST 2009

Ooo, ooo.  I love experiments.

I placed a shipping scale on the valve cover with a spacer (box of
Austin Marina brake shoes) that would touch the bonnet in the same
place that the stock supports work, to approximate the weight to HOLD
the bonnet open.  I got 93 lbs, subtract for the Marina shoes, and
you get 90 lbs.
      Divide by 2, as you would likely have 2 supports, and 40-50 lbs
should do.  But, I'm not an engineer. And lifting will be different,
but that is the weight you have to support to keep it open.

         Peter C
=========