[Spridgets] Bugeye bonnet supports

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Fri Jan 30 12:04:22 MST 2009

Well, they ARE bloody heavy.   OK, my intent was to measure how much
force is required to hold the bonnet OPEN at it's full extension.

So, I opened the bonnet all the way so that the OE supports held it.
Put a scale on the valve cover. Put a box on the scale so that it was
an inch away from the fully opened bonnet. Lifted up on the bonnet to
release the support dinguses, and let the bonnet down so that it
touched the box. The bonnet is within an inch of being fully open
when it exerted 90 lbs on the scale.

How meaningful that bit of info is, ask an engineer. I suppose I
could make a similar measurement at the handle with the bonnet nearly
closed, but the question asked was what is required to hold the bonnet open.

Peter
=====