[Spridgets] 58 -67 Lap Belts

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 16:34:11 MDT 2009

Lester wrote:
>  but to say that a modern car is less safe than a Bugeye in any
> direction is absurd.

I said this before and I'll say it again.
1955 Packard vs a 2009 Hyundai
One is old, one is new, one has no crumple zones, one does.
But I bet the Packard keeps on going like he just hit a speed bump when
it runs over the modern crumpled plastic car.
My son is expecting his first born, he went out and bought a Morris
Minor so he can tote the kid and all the crap that goes with babies in a
real car.
Yes he has a modern 07 VW but it's all plastic and he wants his child to
be safe, so he bought a real car, 1967 Morris Minor Traveler.
He will install seat belts too.
I gave him the Bugeye child seat so he can have a spot for the kid in
the Sprite, he has to figure out a seat belt for that but like my dad
did with me, a quick brace with his arm kept me from knocking my teeth
out on the metal dash of the 60 chevy.