[Spridgets] Shell Gasoline

Jeff Foster tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:25:58 MDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Tim Collins <thcollin at mtu.edu> wrote:

>  Nitrogen? How's that work, I wonder?

I wouldn't have any idea but Shell gas is what I use when given a choice;
I've never had a problem since switching to Shell.

I can say though that I used nitrogen for periodically cleaning the main
system boards on computers we used out on our production floor.  Wasn't a
particularly cheap cleaning agent but wow did it ever do a good job!

Not long after I started there we had a PC that was acting really strange
and I found the inside of the case was covered with soot and particulates
from our manufacturing process (making automotive throttle and brake cables
for the Big Three).  I asked the plant manager where a air line was I could
use to blow it out and he had one of the maintenance guys take me to the
tool room where we blew it out good with the vapor from a liquid nitrogen
tank. It was so clean you'd have sworn we'd put a new board in it (and never
had another problem from that one).