[Spridgets] Gasoline

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 14:43:06 MDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com> wrote:

I dunno guys, I think we're picking flyshit out of pepper. I've never had
any trouble with anyone's gasoline, street, race or otherwise.

Years ago I had a 1968 Corvette that ate the timing gear. Fifteen of the
sixteen valves got bent. Pulled the heads to fix that and then scraped the
carbon off the pistons... I used a flat blade screwdriver and worked on it
every evening until it was done. It was pretty thick. When I got it all back
together I did notice that the pinging and run-on were gone. The other thing
that I noticed was that there was no big black cloud of smoke when I tromped
on it. It did that every time I opened the four barrel before!

Unleaded gas and the way that it is more precisely measured today eliminates
most of the deposits. Run some good fuel system cleaner every so often and
don't worry about it... Of course, in a spridget it doesn't matter anyway.
Since we pull the head every other month anyway, we can clean the crud out
when it accumulates!!!

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye