[Spridgets] Need pointer to building a shop dolly for my spare engine

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 4 14:58:02 MDT 2009

I built two rolling carts out of 2X4s with 3" casters.  They have upper and
lower trays and are plenty strong enough to hold motors and trans, etc.

On one of them I have a spare complete "B" series motor and an aluminum V-8
short block on top and a Datsun 5-speed and lots of misc. parts below.  The
other cart has another Aluminum V-8 short block and a Rover 5-speed on top
with another Rover 5-speed as well as a half dozen heads and other misc.
parts on the bottom.  These 2X4 carts are plenty strong enough for all of
this.  One difference from that "C" series Austin Healey dolly is that I
used all lag bolts in pre-drilled holes rather than using nails.

I have less than $25 in each of these carts.  They are easily rolled around
the garage as needed.

LAD