[Spridgets] Shell Gasoline now cables

brian S bugeye15 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 19:38:40 MDT 2009

Gee Jeff,

Brad says Mexico is beautiful!! ;-)
Not surprised that they wouldn't want to make anything like
the low volume that a run of stuff for our cars would use.
Not enough money in it to probably pay for the tooling.
Too many bean counters in much of the auto industry,
not enough car guys.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

I was in their corporate IT group but am no longer with them.  I refused their
offer to relocate a year ago when they closed shop here and moved the
operation to Matamoros, Mexico.

I was quite surprised how few car guys there was working for a "tier 1
supplier" to the auto industry.

They weren't interested in anything outside the major auto companies, and had
no interest in any cable that they wasn't going to move a few thousand of per
week.

I could use new throttle and parking brake cables myself!

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM, brian S <bugeye15 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Jeff Foster wrote:

> Not long after I started there we had a PC that was acting really strange

> and I found the inside of the case was covered with soot and particulates
> from our manufacturing process (making automotive throttle and brake cables
> for the Big Three).

WAIT WAIT WAIT....

Jeff,

Did you just say that your company makes OEM cables??????

Any chance you can get them to do a run of proper speedo and brake cables
for our spridgets?
 Something better then the Far Eastern crap that's being sold now????