[Spridgets] Sprite sighting now trailer

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Wed Jul 8 10:13:40 MDT 2009

In 1960 the "Tag-A-Long" trailer was made for small cars,  It did not
use a one point hitch but rather two arms that attached to the back of
the car.  Then it had a single wheel towards the back that swiveled
360 degrees..  The wheel was a front landing gear from a light
aircraft like a Piper Cub, or at least that is what it looked like.
It was just slightly higher than the rear deck on the Sprite.  I have
thought about making one using a big car top carrier as the body but
not sure what to use for the wheel and support.  Just a curious item.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition