[Spridgets] Gas tank and pump thoughts.

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 12:00:24 MDT 2009

--- On Thu, 7/9/09, Mark Haynes <haynes386 at netzero.net> wrote: Anyone tried
using an electric as a pusher pump?

The Mr. Gasket electric pump I use came with instructions that said to ONLY
use it as a "pusher" pump.  They said it would not function as a pull-through
pump.  Don't know which pump you rigged up, but this may be part of your
problem.

I apologize in advance for suggesting the following, as I'm sure this is not
going to be your issue.  Actually I'm just adding it here because it was good
for a laugh when I heard it.  A friend told me recently about one of his
Midget customers who came in a while back.  The guy was complaining that the
car ran progressively poorer then stopped once it warmed up.  After cooling
down, it would start again and repeat the process.

The cause?  The guy had a metal in-line fuel filter mounted to a bracket on
the exhaust manifold stud.  Hmmm...  Dude was lucky all that happened was
vapor lock.

 - David