[Spridgets] 1275 building tip

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 22:12:11 MDT 2009

Just dismantling a motor picked up in a recent deal, I needed the fancy Winner's Circle pan. The motor has a crank, rods, and pistons, nothing else (oil relief too). The pan is RTV gooped on BOTH SIDES of the gasket, and on every screw. The engine is a big gooey mess. You don't need the pan on other than as a cover because you can't do the lifters without the pan off.

The correct procedure is no RTV whatsoever, or a film of it on the pan side of the gasket, NOT on the block side. If you disagree, I will someday curse you when I take apart one of your motors.

Ron