[Spridgets] Rocket scientists

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:51:29 MDT 2009

RD,

I think you'll find that Owen was one of the engineers on the team at
Grumman Aerospace, Bethpage, NY (its on Long Island).  The craft was
designed and built by the team at Grumman.  All the LEMs were built there.
Sorry to burst your Maple Leaf bubble....

Guy that worked with my Dad was on the team.....

See:
*http://tinyurl.com/nn2vxa*

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 1:44 PM, <robertduquette at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Well, I heard on our news this morning that the 'landing craft' was
> designed
> in Ontario.  It's not April 1st, is it?  :)
>

> Maybe I heard it wrong though.  It was 5:30 am!  :)  Maybe it was an
> engineer
> "from" Ontario?

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/defencewatch/archive/2009/0

7/19/avro-arrow-engineers-and-canadian-contributions-to-apollo-moon-landing-h
<http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/defencewatch/archive/2009/
0%0A7/19/avro-arrow-engineers-and-canadian-contributions-to-apollo-moon-landi
ng-h>
> ighlighted.aspx
>

> "Hear for the first time in 40 years Canadian Owen Maynard, former Head of
> NASA s Lunar
> Module Program and Avro Arrow Engineer discuss his design of the Apollo
> Lunar
> Module"
>

> > Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:13:03 -0700
> > From: soavero at yahoo.com
> > To: spridgets at autox.team.net
> > Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rocket scientists
> >
> > --- On Tue, 7/21/09, robertduquette at sympatico.ca
> > > 11 landing craft was
> > > designed in Ontario, so maybe he was involved in that too?
> >
> > Lunar Module was designed and built in Bethpage NY.
> >
> > Ron

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein