[Spridgets] oil for spridgets

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Wed Jul 22 17:47:57 MDT 2009

Here's another thought: A friend of mine was having trouble with premature
cam and lifer wear in his hotted-up TR4 engine.  He finally had some lifters
tested for hardness (Rockwell scale) and found that not all of the lifters
were as hard as they were supposed to be......and not all the lifters in a
new set were hardened to the same degree.  He finally sourced some original
equipment lifters from his parts stash, and sent them out to some outfit in
CA to be tested, then reground,  Isky also did a special cam for him, adding
some angle to more positively rotate the lifters.  Time will tell.....and
(as soon as I eat.....just got in from work.....I'm gonna go out and get
that Isky letter out of my Midget's boot and read it).
Bud Osbourne