[Spridgets] oil for spridgets

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:24:40 MDT 2009

Per my telcon with them yesterday evening and per their website:  "*The
Penn-Grade 1. oils typical 1,500 ppm Zinc (Zn) and 1340-1400 ppm
Phosphorus (P)*"

Whatever....

Cheers!!
Jim

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Billy Zoom <billyzoom at billyzoom.com> wrote:

> Pre-1997 amount was 1600ppm.
> Brad Penn oil is 800ppm.
>
> > More is not always better. ZDDP is also a corrosive. Flat tappet cams
> > seem to like that 1200-1400 ppm. Go over that amount (like dumping too
> > much red-bottle STP into your 20-50 GTX) and you swing the pendulum the
> > other way.
> >
> > Easiest insurance: use oil formulated for aircooled motorcycles.
> >
> > Only a little less easy: use Brad Penn which you can get by UPS or, if
> > you happen to live near a distributor or race shop, right out the back
> > door.

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein