[Spridgets] BE spring box

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Sun Jul 26 11:29:53 MDT 2009

Could someone please measure the height of the hole in a BE spring hanger
box?

My rolling shell had 9.5" ground clearance, for some unknown reason, and I
am beginning to get suspicious that the PO welded in a new bottom to the
spring box rather than replacing the whole thing.  And he may have gotten it
lower or crooked.  The one I have freed appears to stand quite a bit proud
of the rest of the flanges holding the bottom pan.  Of course, a lot of the
flanges are rotted out and it could be that my repairs are a little off.

I am starting to think I should replace the whole thing while it is open,
which I am really reluctant to tackle.

Photos at
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/mdrowe_photo/BE%20left%20pan/

Michael Rowe