[Spridgets] blown frost plug

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 14:26:30 MDT 2009

So 'fess up?  You loosened the plug without telling the wife to prove  you
were right and needed the extended coverage??

What I've seen UK racers do is drill and tap a small hole to screw in an
Alen cap scew that overlaps onto the core plug (freeze plug) so it can't pop
out.  However, I've never seen one pop out before.

I can't see the point of the silicone as it wouldn't prevent it popping out
 and might in fact help it pop out by lubricating the orifice (!).  I'd fit
 dry and make sure it's really fully home.

Weslake-Monza 1330