[Spridgets] FW: Racer type question..

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 14:45:44 MDT 2009

That is correct.  Moisture will always find it's way into a braking
system.  With non-silicone fluid it dilutes the fluid.  With silicone  fluid it
remains free (I guess it's imiscible with the fluid).  Under  certain braking
conditions the moisture can turn to steam.  I haven't heard  the moisture
sinks to the low places - it certainly either rises or sinks and  settles
somewhere.

So, Silicone or not, it's still necessary for brake fluid changes - how
often for a silicone I don't know.  I do an annual fluid change on my  Sprite
irrespective of the mileage in the year.

Regards

Weslake-Monza 1330